« ÇàòâîðèÒåêñò â ðåêëàìà
SAT Ltd. – the major Bulgarian supplier of
automated systems and industrial software
Systems Automation Technologies – SAT Ltd. is a private Bulgarian company established in 1991. Its main activities are marketing, engineering, research, design, manufacturing, programming, erection, testing and commissioning of “Turn-key” Automated Systems for various processes, departments and whole plants. For the last 10 years SAT Ltd. has become a major Bulgarian supplier of Automated Systems. It is now considered to be the leader on the domestic market in the field of automation systems for cement, glass, concrete and other industries, whereas an increasing part of its product range is being exported both inside Europe and overseas.
From the very beginning, its foremost concern has been the complex fulfilling the requirements of the clients by meeting all the specific market demands, combined with uncompromising quality and reliability of the products offered by the company.
• Engineering, Development and Marketing of Innovative solutions for the complete range of Process Automation and Control Systems;
• Design and Management of Electrical and Automation Projects;
• Application Industrial Software – programming based on System and Standard Software for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Operator Stations (OS): Siemens, Schnieder Electric, Omron and etc.;
• DCS automation systems – Design and development of Department and Plant Networks (Industrial Ethernet, Profibus DP, Profibus PA, ASI and Modbus networks);
• Equipment for DCS systems - Manufacturing and Supply of the comp lete range of MCC, DMC, DIO, SCS, Field devices, Instruments, Transmitters and Sensors;
• Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) Power Boards (0.4 and 0.69 kV) – Manufacture, Supply and Installation;
• Middle Voltage Distribution (MVD) Power Boards (3 and 6 kV) – Manufacturing, Supply and Installation;
• Electrical Erection, Installation and Connection of cable routes, cables and electrical equipment such as transformers, LVD and MVD boards, motors, actuators and ext.;
• Tests of Electrical Systems – Signal, Rotation, Sequence and Interlocks tests and tuning of the system’s parameters;
• Personnel Training – operators, maintenance staff and technologists;
• Systems Commissioning – “On Load”, Site Acceptance Tests and Tuning of the systems (Turn-key Projects);
• Guarantee services and uninterrupted technical support.
SAT in the industry
It is known that the cement will be used as the main material for construction works during 21st century. This is the reason that the modernisation, reconstruction, innovation and automation of the Cement Industry will have the greatest priority for SAT over the next years. SAT Ltd. offers study and engineering for specific application, programming and industrial automation, design of all electrical components, installation and commissioning of the entire system and continuous technical support.
The company has completed a number of “Low cost” process automation systems following the last modern hardware and software attainable decisions in a wide variety of industries. We have gained experience in the Cement, Glass, Concrete, Forages, Metallurgic and Power Plants. For the last 16 years SAT Ltd. has supplied and successfully commissioned more than 160 “Turn-key” projects not only in Bulgaria, but as well in Russia, Serbia, Kosovo, Portugal and Nigeria.
SAT has completed automation systems with upgrade of LVD and MVD Systems, new Field Devices and Instruments, new Drives and Actuators, new Soft Starters and Frequency Converters and new Control Systems in the shortest time without interrupting the normal production of departments.
SAT Process Automation activities
Using its thorough knowledge on technological processes, technical parameters of the electrical and mechanical equipment, Instruments, Sensors, Transmitters and PLC control equipment, SAT Ltd. developed and commissioned the following Integrated Automation Systems:
• Integrated Automation Systems for Mill’s Departments (Cement Mills, Raw Mills, Coal Mills);
• Integrated Automation Systems for Rotary Kiln Departments and Clinker Transport;
• Integrated Automation Systems for de-dusting in cement and power plants;
• LV and MV Distributed systems (retrofit or new);
• Technical Information Systems in power, cement and glass plants;
• Integrated Automation Systems for palletizing and shipping in cement and glass plants;
• Industrial lighting Systems – indoor and outdoor;
• Industrial Earthing and Lightning Protection Systems.
Product Range of the company
SAT develops and produces the following main products, using the last modern hardware and own software decisions for integration in our automation systems:
• Industrial Weight Belt Feeders for bulk materials – full range;
• Industrial Weight Belt Scales for bulk materials – full range;
• Dosing portion equipment for bulk materials and fluids – full range;
• Industrial Weighbridges (for Trucks and Wagons) – full range;
• Industrial Spillage Conveyors
• Control Systems for unloading cars (Tripper) for bulk materials;
• Control Systems for Reclaimer machines for bulk materials;
• Control Systems for Bag Filters;
• Control Systems for Glass Feeders;
• Control Systems for Port, Bridge and Tower Cranes.
Industrial Hardware of Control Systems
SAT Ltd. specializes in development of DCS automation systems based on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Operator Stations. Generally in SAT’s systems the latest version of SIEMENS PLC SIMATIC S7 are being used, and the list of PLC’s is as follows: SIMATIC S7-200 and LOGO – for small machines;
SIMATIC S7-300 and S7-400 – for control of the departments and plants.
SAT developed decentralised systems with different type of remote boxes placed close to the equipment and connected to the main PLC Process Station by Profibus DP communication.
For these systems SAT elaborated different type of standard distributed equipment, as follows:“Distributed Motor Control Centres” (DMC), incl. all necessary commutation equipment (circuit breakers, contactors, relays) and remote PLC input/output modules of PS; “Distributed Input/Output” Boxes (DIO and DEC) to connect all signals from field instruments and equipment; The Plant Control Systems normally arrange so that it allows independent control of Each Department. The Separate Process Stations of the departments are connected in a common network by Industrial Ethernet (Process Level of the Control System). The Operator Station (based on standard PC) must provide the “Human–Machine” communication to the processes.
Plant Control Systems
The plant control system normally includes two Redundant Servers with a common program for the Project, Engineering Station and a number of Client Operator Stations and printers connected via Industrial Ethernet in a common network (Operator Level).
All this equipment is normally placed in Central Control Room (CCR) of the Plant. The Redundant Servers communicate with Department’s Process Stations via another Industrial Ethernet network by using Optical cables and accessories. According to the client requirements were developed centralized automated systems by using a MCC type of control, distributed (DMC concept) or mixing systems (partially DMC, partially a MCC structure) for Plant control. The practice shows that distributed (DMC) and mixed control systems are more comfortable for installation and maintenance and cheaper than MCC type systems.