|SOUTH-EAST EUROPEAN INDUSTRIAL МARKET » South-East European INDUSTRIAL Мarket - issue 4/2018, November
The European Union is promoting 14 cutting-edge European machinery and metal working SMEs at Metalex 2018 - Thailand
The 32nd edition of Thailand based machinery and metal working show Metalex took place from 21 to 24 November in Bangkok, Thailand, with the first ever European Pavilion at the fair hosting 14 innovative European companies, inaugurated by Isabelle De Stobbeleir, Trade Counsellor at the European Union Delegation to Thailand. "The backbone of the EU economy relies on extremely dynamic and innovative SMEs. This has been confirmed, again, during my visit to each company of the EU pavilion. The creativity, knowledge and state-of-the-art solutions developed and proposed by these entrepreneurs are impressive. This first time ever participation of the EU pavilion in Metalex is extremely timely considering Thailand's move towards innovation-driven industries. The EU offers many opportunities for Thailand to support its industrial transformation and its efforts to build a sustainable economy."
The European Pavilion showcases examples of how small and medium-sized European companies are driving innovation in the machinery and metal working sectors, and aiming for a global impact under the EIC SME Instrument – Overseas Trade Fair (OTF) Programme, funded by the EU’s Horizon 2020.
The following European machinery and metal working SMEs participated at the European Pavilion at Metalex 2018 – Thailand:
- TEMA - Croatia
- CEMECON SCANDINAVIA - Denmark
- ELETTROSYSTEM - Italy
- FRANDSEN INDUSTRI - Denmark
- GUIDETTI SRL - Italy
- HORNOS Y METALES - Spain
- HYDRONIT - Italy
- ISEND - Spain
- PLASMATRIX MATERIALS - Sweden
- PRODUTECH - Italy
- RAY TECHNIQUES LTD - Israel
- ROVALMA - Spain
- SMART SEPARATIONS - United Kingdom
- VALUECHAIN - United Kingdom
About Metalex 2018
Metalex is comprised of eight thematic shows in the machinery and metal working sectors and is expected to welcome more than 3,300 exhibiting companies and 100,000 attendees from 50+ countries, including 15 international pavilions.
Throughout the Overseas Trade Fairs programme’s first cycle, an exclusive group of over 200 innovative European companies have participated and held more than 2000 business meetings with selected counterparts at 15 major trade fairs around the world.
Interview with H.E. Mr Pirkka TAPIOLA, EU Ambassador to Thailand, about the European Pavilion participants at Metalex 2018
How would industry 4.0 benefit Thailand and ASEAN?
The EU welcomes the development of Thailand 4.0. Supported by an appropriate regulatory framework that leads to an open and level-playing field economy, Thailand 4.0 can move the country toward an innovation-driven economy to lift up the country out of the middle-income trap.
Highlight technologies/solutions from the members in your pavilion.
The European Pavilion showcases a wide-range of different innovations in the machinery and metal working sectors, aiming in particular to tackle sustainability issues and smart industrial automation.
Some examples include three exhibitors involved in coating technologies:
- CemeCon Scandinavia offers a range of state of the art coating services for the metal-working industry, including the coating being developed within the scope of the cleanMOULD;
- Plasmatrix Materials offer an innovation called Vibracoat, which is a revolutionary nano-structured coating material designed to absorb the shocks and the vibrations occurring during the manufacturing processes;
- Ray Techniques produces nanodiamonds by proprietary technology of laser synthesis and nanodiamonds additives for various applications, including coatings and antifriction lubricants.
Another two exhibitors focus on sheet metal and welding:
- Elettroystem has a technology called TWIMP, which is a precise fibre laser cutting/welding machine for metal parts without any filling material;
- Produtech produces machinery for coil metal-sheet processing. Its product, EffiCOIL, is supplied as a complete line for coil processing, ranging from raw material to finished workparts with automatic and continuous work cycles.
Yet other innovations include disruptive tool materials provided by Rovalma, in particular for high thermal conductivity, and machineries for non-ferrous metals recovery coming from industrial scrap manufactured by Guidetti SRL.
More information about the programme and the 14 European machinery and metal working companies present at Metalex 2018 can be found on the OTF website.
What is your goal for joining METALEX 2018?
The 14 small and medium-sized companies exhibiting on the European Pavilion at Metalex 2018 are looking to identify potential business partners during the trade fair. Potential partnerships cover the full spectrum from distributors and customers through to R&D partners, investors and suppliers.
Етикети: Metalex Thailand European Union machinery metal working TEMA Croatia